We require a referral form to be submitted for all new clients. This can be downloaded by clicking on the following image. The form can be printed out, filled-in by hand and returned to us at our offices or emailed to email@example.com
- Reducing isolation and loneliness
- Improving both mental and physical health
- Developing Peer Support to create new support networks and meaningful relationships
- Helping them remain active, independent and able to participate in the local community
- Providing accessible information and access to services.
To be eligible to receive mainstream Befriending Services clients should be:
- over 65 (please bear in mind that the majority of our clients are over 75)
- experiencing isolation or loneliness in some form that has been identified as affecting quality of life.
- living in Cowal and Bute.
The only exception to the age criteria is in cases of early onset dementia where clients may be accepted under 65 when no other suitable services are available.
All staff and volunteers who deliver and assist with our services are PVG checked and undergo training for their role. All members of the organisation who come into regular contact with clients will have completed Induction Training which covers: Protection of Vulnerable Adults, Boundaries in Befriending, Confidentiality and other topics relevant to their role.
As a local charity with finite resources we are unfortunately unlikely to be able to offer a service to every older person who might benefit and at times our services will be at capacity. Priority will be given to those living in the community with little, or no other local support. Clients will be prioritised on need, not the time they may have been on our waiting list. Please indicate on your referral if the need is urgent and the reason for this.
Our full prioritisation criteria can be found here.
Services Not Available
The Befriending service is not a substitute for any other service and we will not accept referrals for ongoing intensive or long term support that is properly the role of statutory or other agencies or services. We do not offer any form of personal care, a regular shopping service or transport for individual appointments. Services are only available for clients who have been assessed by the project - we cannot offer one-off services other than from the Information Drop In and Outreach.